May pc is slowly dying. Help needed

samsuon

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
So my PC is slowly dying and i can't do much, i use this PC for Work/Browsing and gaming. So i've had this PC for 4 years now and it worked great, but after 4 years it's slowly dying but i'm not sure what to fix about it.

I don't have any knowledge about computers so yeah.

GeForce GTX 770
Inter Core i7-4790K 4.00 Ghz
16GB Ram

1. Installing games and programs take ages litterally ages, my wifi connection is fine so i guess it's something with the PC.

2. I can't start up ANY games only League of Legends is working fine.

3. I had to re-install most programs to use them and some of them still don't work.

4. Steam games don't work at all like i said and sometimes the Steam program takes ages to update or doesn't even start

5. Fortnite sometimes completely dissapears and i have to re-install it and it takes more than 13 hours to complete and afterwards doesn't even start so it's not just Steam.

I am not sure what to list more since those are the most noticable things when i use my PC.

If anyone could help that would be amazing!

Solution
Those are some odd issues but that points to a dying hard drive from what I can tell. Usually the issues are different for that though, such as not booting or freezing.
+1^ I'd agree with that statement. And add that your Windows could be corrupt, caused by the failing HD.

You could run a HD diagnostic to see the health of the HD. If that shows clean/ok, then I'd consider re-installing windows. You've still got a capable machine, and hardware. I very much doubt it's a hardware issue, with the exception of a HD failure, but could be a Windows/software issue too.