PC freezes after hours of use. Using PC after that will cause it to freeze after an hour or less of use.

villadan61

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
I built this PC about 5 months ago and the problems started showing up a month ago. I would be able to use it for a couple of hours and then it would just freeze randomly with any type of usage: gaming, browsing, or just in desktop. After the first freeze, I could only use the PC for an hour more or less without it freezing again. I have tried chkdsk, and memtest86. Both no errors, I even replaced my hdd to a new sshd and had a clean install of Windows 10. It still occured. It can't be overheating since idle temps would be 30 degrees celsius and max I've seen is when I used IntelBurnTest which resulted in ~70 degrees celsius.

Oh forgot to mention that I used to overclock however I now use auto. However it's been weird since it would go below 3.1 ghz which was the advertizes speed

Specs:

Ryzen 3 1200
NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti
Ballistix Tactical 8GB Single DDR4 2666
ASROCK AB350M PRO4
EVGA 500W 80+
Seagate Firecuda 1TB 3.5-Inch SATA 6Gb/s Internal Hard Drive
Thermaltake Versa H15

I also noticed a weird core number count from hardware monitor:
https://prnt.sc/ic67tc

villadan61

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017

By how much? Should it be the same size as my ram?

EDIT:

I have 8gb ram so i set minimum to 12gb and max to 16gb as the instructions say 1.5 to 4. Will post results soon.