MSI MS-7640
PROCESSOR: AMD FX-8350 EIGHT-CORE 4 GHz
RAM: 8GB
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650
Power Suppy: Corsair CX600M Model 75-002018

Speccy Link
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Q4iL4A6BVRb4FQYfgOvgZuP

Description of problem
I'm having a recurring problem with my Desktop. When I'm running Chrome or Photoshop or anything, my computer freezes and I have to manually restart it. No error message, it doesn't even ask if I want to restart in safemode when I restart. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I don't know a lot about computers but I've tried some stuff so far. I've checked to make sure my system is updated and it is. I have CCleaner and I've used the Cleaner and the Registry Cleaner tools. I've opened up Event Viewer and there are a lot of errors and warnings but when I search on google it makes zero sense to me. Also everytime I restart my Desktop icon are rearranged. Please help and Thank you.
Here are some recent Event IDs: https://imgur.com/a/u17sL

Solution

You don't necessarily have to break the thermal paste for a CPU to overheat. It does not seem to be a power issue are you using the stock cooler with your AMD processor? Photoshop, depending on what you are doing can be CPU intensive and it might be too much for a stock cooler.

jdubose3

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

Thanks for reply. I didn't separate the CPU or anything. I recently opened the case to dust but it wasn't dirty so I just closed the case back. I have a Corsair CX600M Model 75-002018 Power Suppy and its plugged into a Belkin surge protector.

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015

You don't necessarily have to break the thermal paste for a CPU to overheat. It does not seem to be a power issue are you using the stock cooler with your AMD processor? Photoshop, depending on what you are doing can be CPU intensive and it might be too much for a stock cooler.

Solution