Windows 10 install error 0xc000021a

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
Hey.

Recently I have upgraded my old pc almost enitrely. Only PSU, HDD, disc drive and case are still old. I cant use my drive cause it is too old and doesnt support my motherboard cause it doesnt have the right wire. So i cant burn a windows 10 to a disc and use it. So i chose to install the media control tool into a usb from my laptop. When i go to bios and choose the usb as the boot device and let it boot. It first has the windows 10 logo but after that i get a bluescreen that shows the error code mentiond in the title and a says that "Your PC ran into a problem need to restart"

Spec: ryzen 3 1300x
Asrock ab350m-hdv

I've struggled with this for almost a month now and starting to consider buying a new drive and win 10 liscense.

Solution
It seems that i have been successful on fixing my problem. if anyone stumbles upon the same problem as I. I recommend you to reinstall the media creation tool found in Microsofts own site. And reinstall it to your USB. And if you get another error code during the download of windows. Then reinstall MCT again. If reinstalling MCT gets an error code too. Then either format it with FAT32 or any other formatting choices. Then try reinstall it again. And if that doesn't work then get a brand new USB.

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
It seems that i have been successful on fixing my problem. if anyone stumbles upon the same problem as I. I recommend you to reinstall the media creation tool found in Microsofts own site. And reinstall it to your USB. And if you get another error code during the download of windows. Then reinstall MCT again. If reinstalling MCT gets an error code too. Then either format it with FAT32 or any other formatting choices. Then try reinstall it again. And if that doesn't work then get a brand new USB.

Solution