Cannot set higher than native resolution at 75Hz refresh rate while using VSR

Hello everyone!

I recently reinstaled windows 10 on my pc and haven't been able to use AMD Virtual Super Resolution at my native refresh rate. I have an R9 390 gpu and an Asus VG245H 75Hz freesync monitor. The monitor is connected to the GPU via HDMI (this monitor supports freesync only when using HDMI).
My issue is that while trying to change display settings in a game (or even windows desktop for that matter) if I select any resolution above 1080p, the screen defaults to 60Hz and that refresh rate is the only option that I can select in the Windows 'Display Adapter Properties'. If the screen is set at 1080p, it functions at 75Hz with no issue. This wasn't an issue before as I could run even 3200x1800 resolution (max supported by an R9 390) at 75Hz with no issues.

Settings and actions description:
I am currently on the latest AMD Crimson 18.2.1 drivers. Freesync, GPU scaling and Virtual Super Resolution are all ON . I have created a 1920x1080 profile set to 75Hz in the crimson drivers.
Also, because the 75Hz profile in crimson did nothing to enable higher than 60Hz in windows settings I used the CRU software to create a profile for 1920x1080 at 75Hz. Then I could set the refresh rate to 75Hz (after a restart). I suspect this is were the underlying issue is.
Could you suggest a solution to this issue or what profile to use in CRU (settings for pixel clock, Timing refresh rate etc.) to be able to run 75Hz also at 2560x1440 and 3200x1800 75Hz while VSR is enabled?

Thank you for your answers!
P.S. I also tried to use AMD Pixel clock patcher utility but it still doesn't work.
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

I would like to use it as it enhances the experience of both some older and newer games. And it's not like it didn't work before! The issue is not with VSR it's a configuration one most likely. I would like it fixed as I know it is possible.

I already checked that paged but I am confused as it did work before. I read that if a monitor is 75Hz it can accept any resolution at that refresh rate but you have to unlock it (taking into account display limitations and common). I am sure that is the case since it worked before. So, basically my question remains: How to unlock 75Hz when setting a resolution over 1080p? (as the 75Hz option in the display adapter properties is present only at 1080p or lower). So it is a WIndows configuration issue (or related to some CRU settings) as VSR can support what I want fine.

I meant resolutions accepted through VSR, a 1080p monitor can display a maximum resolution of 1080p. Of course the image will be downscaled to 1080p (or upscaled if that is the case). Also, that page from AMD does not account for every possible configuration.
I described my issue in detail and I know for a fact it worked before (I checked with MSI Afterburner and FRAPS). Can you please give constructive answers?

^ google & you'll see this issue has been discussed numerous times .

144htz screens become limited to 120htz , sub 120htz screens become limited to 60htz.

CRU does not work with vsr resolutions , it may allow you to set a 75htz desktop refresh but it will be fake , it wont be paasing that 75htz refresh to the monitor if you're using a vsr resolution.
Youll still be getting a 60htz signal with a software based 75htz framecap.

You absolutely sure you've had this working in the past ??
Because as far as Im aware nobody else ever has

Yes, I am absolutely sure it worked last time! Unfortunately I don't any screenshots to prove it. However, I do remember that It took me quite a while to make it work and I did it through CRU. I cannot remember which settings I used.
It worked fine in every game I tried: Deus Ex: Revision (3200x1800 @75Hz); Shadow of War: (2560x1440 @75Hz); Might&Magic Heroes VII, Battlefield 1, Hitman etc.
Also found this reddit post: I will try some of the actions recommended and see if it solves the issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4c6dtx/does_vsr_mess_with_freesync_or_refresh_rate/
Here is a fix for Nvidia DSR but that is quite different:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfjVwuCYniQ

rontonomo

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016

dsr already works above 60Hz without issues but i prefer have a true resolution rather that a fake one.