Green Blocks on Youtube videos??

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015
Every once in a while videos that I'm watching on Youtube will display green blocks like this:

4xfOyXA.png

They'll show for a short amount of time (usually 2-10 seconds depending)
Got this laptop in December, really hoping it's not a big problem with my GPU or something.

specs:
DELL Inspiron 7577 (4K UHD)
i7 7700HQ
GTX 1060 Max Q
16GB RAM
Win10 Pro x64

I usually keep it on 1920x1080 rather than 4k,
don't see how that would be a massive problem though.

Solution
- Reinstall the GPU drivers.

- This should not be the problem but you never know... How is the tempratures on the GPU under load and idle? ( How to check that? Use this program: HWiNFO64 )

- IF it has always been like this. It could be a faulty GPU. Can happen in the transit from the factory to the shop. Or shop to you.
- Reinstall the GPU drivers.

- This should not be the problem but you never know... How is the tempratures on the GPU under load and idle? ( How to check that? Use this program: HWiNFO64 )

- IF it has always been like this. It could be a faulty GPU. Can happen in the transit from the factory to the shop. Or shop to you.

Solution

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015

Thanks a bunch mate I'll try the drivers and give HWiNFO a shot,
the dual fans do get loud as [watch your language] on this thing under average loads, sounds like a jet taking off.
I thought it was just that the fan speed was set to kick in on a low temp from what I felt from touching the laptop itself,
could just be the cooling system doing it's job very obnoxiously.
Fingers crossed that it's not a faulty GPU!

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015

wJ1uqMS.png

CPU and GPU are sitting at around 50°C average on idle after a fresh restart,
not much change from boot to 10 mins later till I opened up chrome with a good amount of tabs open, 5+°C increase.
I'll check it out after a couple of games, (I do have Quiet Mode selected on the NVIDIA GeForce panel which caps FPS,
had to whack it on the other day due to fan noise making playing games unbearable).

Not sure if this makes much difference but the default GPU on HWiNFO is my Intel HD rather than my GTX 1060,
Intel GPU (with and without running Chrome is sitting at 1097 MHz)
NVIDIA GPU (with and without running Chrome is sitting at 139 MHz)
I also have 2 external monitors hooked up on 1080.. could it be using the Intel GPU to run the videos or something?
Dunno that could be far from right this shit's confusing lol

7c5RQYi.png

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015

Sorry mate been extremely busy.
I'll compare HWiNFO readings tonight with and without the monitors and I'll try out a few games while testing it too.