Blue Screen Of Death issue

Robert van der Leeuw

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
I started up my pc to a BSOD. I kept resetting with possible solutions that didn't work. Afterwards, I tried to reset my settings but halfway through the windows installation it froze so I restarted. Now whenever I start up my pc I get this screen.

http://imgur.com/84vIKwn

Solution
You could try troubleshoot/reset this PC but it may just freeze again

what type of reset was it? Keep files/settings or full reset?

if anything on PC you want to save,
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
I typed notepad in which obviously opened the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer. I plugged an external hard drive into my USB port, and I searched for all of my most irreplaceable files and copied them onto the external drive, then once I finished, I plugged my drive into my Mac and confirmed that all the files are all there.

Now I would fresh install using that USB
click use a device
put USB into drive and choose it from list, PC will restart and reinstall a fresh...

Colif

Win 11 Master
You could try troubleshoot/reset this PC but it may just freeze again

what type of reset was it? Keep files/settings or full reset?

if anything on PC you want to save,
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
I typed notepad in which obviously opened the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer. I plugged an external hard drive into my USB port, and I searched for all of my most irreplaceable files and copied them onto the external drive, then once I finished, I plugged my drive into my Mac and confirmed that all the files are all there.

Now I would fresh install using that USB
click use a device
put USB into drive and choose it from list, PC will restart and reinstall a fresh copy of Win 10

follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution