Computer Hardware Jobs?

drocc

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
Hello, I am a 17 year old Computer Hardware enthusiast I suppose you could say. Anyways, High School is coming to a quick end and I'm looking toward the future. I would really love to go into a job where I can build PC's for companies like CyberPower, Digital Storm Etc. Saying so, I have a few questions...

1. What degree would I need, and is it obtainable at a trade school?

2. Or should I just forget this and look toward something because PC hardware jobs are slowly dying?

Any advice/insight on what I can do would really help! Thanks!

Solution
To just put together computers you do not need a degree, you may want to get an A+ or similar certification. Just so you know, assembling computers will not pay much unless you are a senior tech and are doing support or actually working on designing the systems not just plugging things in.

In many computer jobs these days, experience and ability to learn on your own and have a decently wide area of knowledge are as important as school, if not more. If you learn to work on laptops also you can get a pretty decent job working as an on-site tech for warranty services for Dell, etc...
To just put together computers you do not need a degree, you may want to get an A+ or similar certification. Just so you know, assembling computers will not pay much unless you are a senior tech and are doing support or actually working on designing the systems not just plugging things in.

In many computer jobs these days, experience and ability to learn on your own and have a decently wide area of knowledge are as important as school, if not more. If you learn to work on laptops also you can get a pretty decent job working as an on-site tech for warranty services for Dell, etc...

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Is the military an option?

Good way to get some solid training and a skill set towards some future employment. Especially if you are willing to work and take advantage of online training programs, etc.

Not for everyone but no harm in looking at the service branches and what they may offer.