Monitor Display distortion

adlecos

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
Hi! I am not a techie, nor a gamer, but I am a graphic designer (PC). I recently bought a better monitor (Dell U2717d), but discovered that my computer didn't support the much higher resolution. So... I bought an Asus HD6450 silent that fit my computer. So now the resolution is higher (not as high as it should be), but is still distorting the display in height. I can't have that! What do I do... return the Asus for...? My computer is an Dell Inspirion 546. Thanks! I'm beyond frustrated. Been on so many tech calls/chats/emails with Dell, Asus, Tiger Direct.... The monitor is 16:9 with 2560x1440 res.

Solution

Well the cable is fine, the video card specs from AMD may point to the issue:
"HDMI 1.4a with Stereoscopic 3D Frame Packing Format, Deep Color, xvYCC wide gamut support, and high bit-rate audio
Max resolution: 1920x1200"

Issue is that your older Dell may not work properly with a newer card, maybe something like an R7 240 may be OK if you can find one at a decent price.

adlecos

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018

adlecos

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
I have HDMI 1.4 cable. The max resolution I can set display is 2048x1080 but that causes distortion. I moved it down to 1920x1080 to get rid of it, but I'm not using my monitor's 2560x1440 capability. An Asus tech just sent me a link to the lastest driver update which I still need to run. Oh, and this setup is a desktop... plugged in.

Well the cable is fine, the video card specs from AMD may point to the issue:
"HDMI 1.4a with Stereoscopic 3D Frame Packing Format, Deep Color, xvYCC wide gamut support, and high bit-rate audio
Max resolution: 1920x1200"

Issue is that your older Dell may not work properly with a newer card, maybe something like an R7 240 may be OK if you can find one at a decent price.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS