No Signal to Monitor, Continuos Short Beeping sounds, old pc

gundam091162

Prominent
Feb 14, 2018
Hello! So I have an old PC, mobo is gigabyte ga-ma69g-s3h, 4pcs 1gb ddr2 ram and no graphics card.

I was playing a game called FTL:Faster Than Light until my computer suddenly stopped and a Blue screen of death appeared then it restarted it opened as normal I can see my icons and stuff. Then it suddenly turn off again then there was no more signal to my monitor. When i try to turn it on there are continuos short beeping sounds but still no signal to monitor. Help please thanks!

Note: Theres signal to my monitor one of the ram was bad, I just removed that and the screen appeared. Now I have a new problem, now it gets stuck at windows logo.

New thread
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3644232/stuck-windows-logo-safe-mode.html

gundam091162

Prominent
Feb 14, 2018

I don't think I have a power supply failure since my cpu fan turns on and works perfectly fine. I'll try checking my ram.

gundam091162

Prominent
Feb 14, 2018

So, its the ram. Its either my 4th ram slot or my 4th ram itself because it booted with 1 ram, then with 3 but with 4 of the ram, no signal appeared. But now when it starts up it gets stuck at windows 7 logo. I waited for around 5-10 mins. It didnt start.

SCGAZELLE

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

you can check that by putting a stick of known-working ram in the 4th slot and vice verse for the stick of ram. Also RMA whichever part is broken. You may think that you can live with just 3sticks of ram but if you ever want to upgrade or sell, it can be a problem