Delete Monitor Driver From Windows Using Live Linux Environment

Marcuser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2015
Hello there, I have an nvidia GPU, I use a CRT and I messed up the display trying to create a custom resolution, after testing it I couldn't revert somehow.

Now the monitor shows a couple pixel line on top of the screen as the windows bottom, obviously cannot do anything using that margin.

Resetting the machine or plugging out-in, or using another display to revert to normal resolution didn't work for me as Windows or GPU creates separate profiles for each monitor.

All I have is thankfully an Ubuntu 16 live thumb, which I'm currently typing in from. I have full access to Windows files.

I thought deleting the CRT's driver from Windows would do the trick. But I don't know how, or any other approaches. Please help. Thank you.

Solution
Alright I just figured it out by connecting both together, that forced display to render a proper resolution. It was extended display, then I separated the displays in windows settings (clone display) and adjusted the CRT back to what been used before.

Marcuser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2015

no, I'm using a CRT, and why I specified that is the CRT has different display rules. Also I said that all I'm seeing on my monitor is a couple of bottom pixels of the taskbar as a line. consider it like the display went above the monitor area, into thin air. so its not possible to download DDU or do anything at all.

Marcuser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2015
Alright I just figured it out by connecting both together, that forced display to render a proper resolution. It was extended display, then I separated the displays in windows settings (clone display) and adjusted the CRT back to what been used before.

Solution