PG279Q Acceptable BLB?

Solution
I think you should decide for yourself whether that is an acceptable amount of back light bleed, you are the one who has to live with it not me or anyone else on here.

If you really want my opinion, that looks terrible that is not a "little" bleed that is a lot in my opinion. Your replacement will likely look terrible as well, the PG279Q's are plagued with backlight bleed. I own one, which I got quite cheap because of it's terrible backlight bleed, excellent monitor besides this one pretty substantial flaw.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I think you should decide for yourself whether that is an acceptable amount of back light bleed, you are the one who has to live with it not me or anyone else on here.

If you really want my opinion, that looks terrible that is not a "little" bleed that is a lot in my opinion. Your replacement will likely look terrible as well, the PG279Q's are plagued with backlight bleed. I own one, which I got quite cheap because of it's terrible backlight bleed, excellent monitor besides this one pretty substantial flaw.

Solution

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
I've seen worse from PG279Q's but that's also not saying much, as said before they are kinda notorious for backlight bleeding. Would be best to play some games/watch shows or movies and find out if you can live with that amount of bleed in dark spots.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

I would say it looks worse than mine, which was advertised as having bad backlight bleed. But yes pictures do tend to exaggerate it.