[Help] Most Microsoft Applications Could Not Connect to Internet!

Feb 15, 2018
It seems that not only my Microsoft Edge [Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND] could not connect to the internet, but most of Microsoft apps (i.e: Skype, Cortona, Store, etc) also produced the same problem (images attached below)

Winver: Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

What I've done:

1) Flushed my ip/dns and those commands related to cmd

2) Reset about:flags to default

3) Changed and re-changed my ipv4, dns, etc

4) Ping Microsoft.com (replied with 4 lines, which means my internet connection is good)

5) Disabled VPN and Antivirus

6) Reset to default settings on Internet Explorer (**IE and other browsers could connect to the internet perfectly)

feaab54a-215b-40e3-aa05-625a85f90052

1221f87c-e859-4779-a1d8-71a1b52bd0b4

It is to be noted too, that I've encountered problem while installing Security Update KB4074588. Since the built-in updater stuck on "Initializing...", I've decided to download the standalone .msu. But after running the file, it says >

c926ec3a-96e7-4e87-bfc0-ccde48291490

* : I do not want to reinstall Edge as there is some data that I do not want to lose. I rarely used other Microsoft apps other than Edge. I don't mind reinstalling others, but not Edge.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hello haredasri

Can you please try going to the C:\Windows\System 32\drivers\etc folder, opening the hosts file in Notepad, and removing any entries that don't start with #?

You can also try the following:

> Close all the opened windows and web browser (if any).

> Type %TEMP% in the Cortana search box.

> Select and delete all the contents of the Temp folder that opens up.

> Restart the computer and then try accessing the Internet again.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Feb 15, 2018

Hi Viveknayyar007! Thanks for the reply. I've tried your solution but to no avail. Still no connection to most of the applications mentioned above.

Hello again haredasri

Can you please confirm if you diagnosed the NIC? To do so you can right-click Start, go to Network Connections, select Wi-Fi (or Ethernet) from the left pane, click Change adapter options from under the Related settings section in the right pane, right-click the NIC from the Network Connections window that opens up, and click Diagnose.

This automatically detects, and if possible, fixes the issue.

Also, please try updating the NIC driver.

If even that doesn't work, please try the following suggestions one by one, i.e. move to the next suggestion only when the first one doesn't work:

> Restore Windows to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. when your PC worked correctly.

> Remove any Windows updates installed on your PC after which you believe the issue started.

> Try using a different web browser, e.g. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

> Export all your Edge's personal settings and data, and Reset Windows to Factory Defaults, without erasing your personal files.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Feb 15, 2018

Hi again!

> I've diagnosed my wifi connection but the troubleshooter seems to find nothing.

> I've also tried to access System Restore, but when I click the "System Restore > System Restore " , nothing happened. Have tried to check the gepedit..msc and both my configuration seems to be on track with the default which is "Not Configured".

> For rebooting in safe mode, I've tried to use command "msconfig > boot> safe boot " and it quickly restarts my system to safe mode. The problem arises when it does not shows any Troubleshooting options while restarting. It skips that part and quickly boot into safe mode.

Hello again haredasri

Please try pressing F4 during the reboot, and it should give you a menu with the options to choose from.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!! :)

Solution