Is it safe to overclock my Monitor (to its advertised refresh rate)

NiBy

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
my monitor advertises itself to be 165hz but can only go to 144hz in nvidia control panel. Turns out that the way to get the 165hz is to enable the overclock setting thorough the monitor. Is this safe?

monitor AOC AGON AG241QG

Solution
You can overclock it BUT if it can't handle it then you will see junk happening on the screen. A while back I OC'd my 60hz monitor to 75hz and it was making parts of the screen randomly get stuff appearing/disappearing. I've heard that it can permanently damage the monitor if its done like I did it so I immediately stopped. (was just testing to see if it worked).

If your monitor says it can do 165hz then the monitor company probably has a special driver you gotta load so the Nvidia video card can detect 165hz.

Geef

Distinguished
You can overclock it BUT if it can't handle it then you will see junk happening on the screen. A while back I OC'd my 60hz monitor to 75hz and it was making parts of the screen randomly get stuff appearing/disappearing. I've heard that it can permanently damage the monitor if its done like I did it so I immediately stopped. (was just testing to see if it worked).

If your monitor says it can do 165hz then the monitor company probably has a special driver you gotta load so the Nvidia video card can detect 165hz.

Solution