File System Error -1073740791 problem

Eyan32

Honorable
Aug 15, 2015
So I've been getting this problem for quite a while now and it's really getting to my nerves. I didn't know when the problem even started, it just happened randomly about 3-4 months ago.

This problem seems very rare to me. This "File System Error -1073740791" always occurs when I try to open programs on administrator mode. I haven't found any solution in this through searching the net; I haven't even seen anyone had this problem at in the first place. I cannot fix this error with Command Prompt since all the fixes I saw requires the cmd to run on administrator mode. There's also threads that I've seen that it can be fixed by creating another windows 10 account and making it an administrator. Already did and nothing happened...

I just tried rebooting my Windows 10 again toda. No luck. I cleared all the stuff but it still happens. Any ideas? This is very annoying because the administrator mode is so important. Any help would be appreciated :)

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
I haven't seen this either, but a file system error probably indicates a problem with your hard drive. You should definitely run a scandisk. You may want to do a full format and reinstall. Hopefully the drive is still good and just ran into problems, but it could also be failing which would lead to more and more errors.

Go to My Computer, Right Click the drive, Properties, Tools, Check for Errors.

Eyan32

Honorable
Aug 15, 2015

I did this already and it says that my drive doesn't have any problem. Btw, when I reformat this, I noticed it is not a full format(I rebooted this in windows 10 option and choosing the remove all files). So maybe the only option I have is to find a usb with boot-able windows 7 or 8, and then from there upgrade to Windows 10?

I have a Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB.

baconqueror

Great
Feb 17, 2018
Just windows being windows, Have you got a backup from before the issue started occurring? If so I'd restore from that backup. Otherwise I'd recommend calling windows support at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ or if you have already done that, copy all your files onto a hard drive and reinstall windows.

Eyan32

Honorable
Aug 15, 2015

How do I use this CrystalDiskInfo. My apologies because it's too complex for me... About the sata cables, I don't think something is loose because if it is, my hdd cannot be read by the system right? But there's nothing to lose in checking so I might as well do that.

baconqueror

Great
Feb 17, 2018

please find at the link below an in depth tutorial on how to use crystal disk info.
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2054139/hdd-test-crystaldiskinfo.html
good luck!

Eyan32

Honorable
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah, it's getting really annoying. I'm afraid I do not have a back up before the issue. It was so unexpected so I didn't know I had to back up some stuff. The windows support did nothing at all lol. I had the same issue with someone but it lacks information and the said problem occurs on Windows XP. I have already copied all my important files in a hard drive and did a full reset of windows 10(removing all the files) and it still occur. Do you think I should go with a bootable Windows 7 or 8, and from there, upgrade to Windows 10?

baconqueror

Great
Feb 17, 2018

Actually yes, there is a good chance that Microsoft fixed the issue in windows 10. So if you were considering upgrading, this could be a good excuse to.