Multi monior support

Feb 17, 2018
Dear Sir,
My motherboard is Esonic H55 ddr3 LGA1156. can I use multi(expand, not just copy) monitor without graphics card. Currently I have no graphics card.
My casing shows only one dvi port and one vga port, only changing casing can i use two monitors( one through dvi port and one through hdmi) or I need graphics card.

** Is this correct sequence "hdmi > dvi > vga" for better image quality or "hdmi > vga > dvi "

I am really grateful if you kindly answer this questions

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
http://itzr.en.alibaba.com/product/60399596953-221801732/ESONIC_H55KBL_motherboard_1156_socket_support_i3_i5.html#!

Is that your motherboard? It has only a VGA port on it. You would need to change your motherboard for sure if you want to run more than one monitor. As I said above, you might as well just add a card to your current system. You have a slot that will support it and adding a card is much easier than replacing a motherboard or changing a CPU.

DP / HDMI / DVI (all the same) > VGA

4745454b

Titan
My casing shows only one dvi port and one vga port

I get we have a language issue here, so perhaps I'm wrong understanding what you are talking about. You can change your "casing" all you want, but you need a new motherboard with the ports you listed. If the case matches what your board supports, you only have DVI and VGA. You can change the case to one that holes for DVI and HDMI, but unless you change the motherboard as well that HDMI port won't be usable. And if you are going to change your case and motherboard I highly suggest just adding a 750TI/1030 to your current setup. Would be cheaper and perform better.

Feb 17, 2018

My current motherboard is Esonic H55KBL . does it support multi monitor ?
At present my casing has only one vga port(sorry for previous wrong information), if my motherboard supports multi monitor what should I do ?

4745454b

Titan
http://itzr.en.alibaba.com/product/60399596953-221801732/ESONIC_H55KBL_motherboard_1156_socket_support_i3_i5.html#!

Is that your motherboard? It has only a VGA port on it. You would need to change your motherboard for sure if you want to run more than one monitor. As I said above, you might as well just add a card to your current system. You have a slot that will support it and adding a card is much easier than replacing a motherboard or changing a CPU.

Solution
Feb 17, 2018

Yes, thanks a lot, I got you. Now if I install a graphics card, do I need changing my power supply also?
My power supply provides 400 watt by default attached in casing (7 years old and not from any good brand)

4745454b

Titan
If it's that old it should be changed. The 750 or other low end cards don't need any extra power so you don't need an "exotic" PSU. Just get the best 450-550W PSU you can.

Edit: I should note that you might have issues using your current VGA monitor. Cards like the 1030 or 1050 have no analog output like your VGA monitor needs. And the cheap DVI to VGA adapters that everyone have in their drawers won't work. You'll either need to make sure your monitor has DVI inputs, or get an active DVI to VGA adapter.

Feb 17, 2018

Really thanks a lot for your advice and concern. MY old monitor has only one vga port. I have a plan to buy "Gigabyte gt 710 " and a power supply. this gpu has one vga port also. So what you think ?
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N710D3-1GL#ov
*** I am not a hardcore gamer and also not doing any graphics related work

4745454b

Titan
If the GPU has a VGA port on it, it will support your monitor. Do you have a second monitor already?

The big issue with that card is it's a 710. Those are super weak cards. SUPER weak. They are meant to be onboard video (IGP) replacements. They are not gaming cards at all. If you can get a 730 that would be a bit better, but still very weak. If you do any gaming at all you might want to consider the AMD 460. It has the DVI-I port so you can use a basic adapter for your current monitor while using one of the other digital ports for your new one.

Feb 17, 2018

Yes, I have already bought a new monitor hp 24es ( it has a hdmi port)
I do not play games at all(seldom playing one or two low configuration needed games). I want to install a gpu for multi monitor display and better video quality.
Now, my whole desktop is really old(seven years old) so "high gpu install" will be a good idea ?
** Is the difference between 710 and 730 significant ?
Again thanks a lot for your time :)

4745454b

Titan
Significant? If you want to do anything other than super basic stuff possibly. As a gamer they are both junk to me. If you really don't play anything current, 2010 or so, then the 710 can work. I'd look at the other cards because if they aren't much more $$$ they will last a lot longer as far as usage goes.

Feb 17, 2018

OK, thanks a lot for your suggestion, I think I will buy 730 :)