(Windows 10 Desktop Computer) how do you stop the command prompt from automatically closing when openned

Feb 17, 2018
Please, can someone help me with this problem. I have been trying to open the Command Prompt (cmd.exe) on windows 10, and it closes immediately right when I open it! I've been trying to use this Minecraft server hosting with many other ways, such as using WindowsPowershell. But it isn't working. I even found an article here that says you go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System!DisableCMD in windows registry editor and then delete the DisableCMD value, but I couldn't find the System!DisableCMD! (http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1988202/command-prompt-automatically-closes-open.html). There was also another way, by using Local Group Policy Editor, but it didn't work either! Please someone give me an answer! I have the newest update of Windows 10, and an OMEN Gaming Desktop PC.

Solution
Try this:
Tap Winkey + R keys then type 'gpedit.msc' and hit the Enter key.
Under 'User Configurations' click 'Administrative Templates' the click 'System'.
On the right pane double click 'Prevent access to the command prompt'
On the window that opens select 'Not Configured' and click 'Apply' and 'OK'

Also you may want to run SFC to scan your computer.for missing or corrupted system files.
Feb 17, 2018

that doesn't work either I've tried it many times, but thank you for your help...

Try this:
Tap Winkey + R keys then type 'gpedit.msc' and hit the Enter key.
Under 'User Configurations' click 'Administrative Templates' the click 'System'.
On the right pane double click 'Prevent access to the command prompt'
On the window that opens select 'Not Configured' and click 'Apply' and 'OK'

Also you may want to run SFC to scan your computer.for missing or corrupted system files.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS