No signal when i connect monitor to gpu.

nevesbilly74

Reputable
Feb 17, 2018
So I recently got a whole new pc and a asus GeForce gtx 1050 (unplugged) graphics card. I think I have installed it correctly since the fans are running. But when I Connect the hdmi to the monitor through the gpu there’s no signal, just a black screen. I can put the hdmi into the pc itself and I get signal. Someone please help!

nevesbilly74

Reputable
Feb 17, 2018
Couldn’t find those things In the bios. I thought disabling the on board graphics would maybe work so I did it. Now my pc does 5 beeps when I start it up which I think means cpu failure. How can I fix this?

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018

Flash the bios and restore default factory setting upon first power on.

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018

You can think of it as a firmware update. Identify your motherboard download the latest version on a usb stick and follow this guide https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-upgrades/how-update-your-bios-3428662/

popatim

Titan
If this is an OEM system, what is the make and full model# of it (usually found on a label on the back.
If this one you or a friend built then which motherbd do you have?

To fix the mess up, just unplug the pc at the rear and then pull out the little nickle sized battery on the motherboard for about 20 minutes. Put the battery back in, plug in the power, and boot up. That will reset the bios to default values.
You may need to reset the date and time.