Mouse lag when switching between full screen and windowed applications (funky setup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rkb0mb

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
I have a triple monitor setup running different resolutions.

I have 2 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti Cards running SLI.

I have 2 1080p monitors and 1 1440p monitor

1080p monitor 1 is DVI, 144hz
1080p monitor 2 is HDMI, 60hz
1440p monitor 3 is Display Port, 165hz and has Gsync enabled.

They are all plugged into one graphics card and SLI is enabled.

I use the 1440p monitor as my middle monitor and run all games and full screen apps on it.

Now to the issue:

When I am switching between full screen and windowed apps, there is always a few seconds of input lag, and the mouse slows down considerably. This clears up within 3 seconds usually but it's pretty annoying if I accidentally alt-tab out of a fullscreen game or if I have to switch screens to check something on a web page outside of the game I am playing or what have you.

I know my setup isn't ideal since I am running different resolutions, refresh rates and input interfaces, but does anyone have any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this issue or any experiences like mine?

Thanks

f0rkb0mb

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
Actually, even while having Gsync turned off, I am still experiencing the problem. The lag is significantly less than before but it still happens. I don't know if this means that there is no solution besides turning Gsync completely off (which I haven't tried)

Status
Not open for further replies.