Multiple Displays with 2 Cards

Feb 18, 2018
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out if my current setup is the most optimal for my 3 displays (an older 720p 42 inch HDTV and 2 monitors). I have a Nvidia GTX 660 for use with my primary monitor (gaming) and am currently using an (significantly?) older nvidia card (not sure of the exact model, I got it for free from someone) to display the TV for my wife when she watches netflix and the second monitor for web browsing while gaming.

Is this current setup the most optimal or am I hindering the performance by using the second older card? I know the GTX 660 can support 3 displays, so would it be better to just use all 3 displays on the 660, or will that draw too much power? Is my current setup (using the older card for the less graphically demanding TV and web browsing, and the GTX 660 for gaming) the way I should keep going?

The only drawback I can see with using the older card is I can't update my drivers, as the newer drivers don't support the display with the older card for some reason and it won't work.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Edit: The second card is a Geforce 210, so a few generations older than the 660, if that helps at all. Also the Primary monitor is 1920x1080 res 22 inch, and the secondary monitor is 1440x900 res 19 inch.

firebird1133

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Hahaha, a 210... a terrible card... that will do just fine for what you are using it for! Your setup as is is probably the best way to do it but i would actually try running your secondary 1440x900 display on the 210 to free some of your 660's Vram for gaming. do you have the 1.5GB, 2GB or 3GB 660?

TRENDING THREADS