fx 8300, asus 970 gaming pro, r9 380. How to upgrade this system

dogizmo

Reputable
Feb 19, 2018
As you can see on title i want to upgrade my system because i am not happy at all.Problem is cant get 60 fps stable at many games (vermintide, total war warhammer 2,Battlefield 1,pubg). I dont know how to upgrade in example if i buy ddr4 ram i have to upgrade motherboard, if i upgrade processor then again have to upgrade motherboard.Only graphic card upgrade dont need any other component to upgrades but processor will bottleneck new graphic card.I can spend 700 usd to computer component until september i have many panyments to deal.So i dont have money to upgrade all of them at the sametime what should i do.
Only idea i am thinking is buying liquid cooler for oc fx 8300 to 4.5ghz or more but i dont know it is enough for me.

fx 8300 oc to 3.9 ghz
msi r9 380 4gb
16gb 1333mhz ddr ram
asus 970 gaming pro mobo

I'd sell the cpu/mobo/ram and get new ones. That'll help a little to boost performance. Then, once GPU prices drop to a reasonable level (probably late this year) upgrade the GPU. In the mean time, turn down game settings.

I play BF1 on High @1440p and I get around 100fps. In PUBG I, like most streamers and high fps gamers, drop settings to mostly Low to achieve great fps. I get around 80-90fps.

But first upgrade the platform. The CPU is 5yrs old. 1yr ago I upgraded my 5yr old platform (not GPU) and got a little boost in gaming. I'm waiting for a reasonably priced GPU before upgrading that.

Your CPU/mobo/RAM , if sold, could give you around $150-200usd. Which would be enough to buy new 16gb DDR4. Then buy a Ryzen 5 1600 and a B350 for around $250.

dogizmo

Reputable
Feb 19, 2018

Thank you for answer. I will try to sell as your suggest but i am not sure people want to buy this mobo and processors

You would be surprised. I think they are still popular on eBay because people are setting up cheap systems or replacing parts that they otherwise can't get anymore. A few months ago I sold my FX 6300 for 60 dollars when I upgraded. If you could get that for your cpu, and a little for your ram and motherboard then that should cover some of your costs.

Yup, as ohiou_grad_2006 mentioned. The market for used PCs is really good. Especially ones that have lots of RAM, like you do. The RAM is actually the most valued component in your build. People will want budget friendly components. You'll be surprised what used parts can get. My last build, when I sold it, returned me about 33% of original cost. Not bad in my book as most parts were a couple years old. That really helped to decrease cost of new build.