New PC and windows upgrade from 7 to 10 causes Fifa 18 lag on 4k TV

Feb 19, 2018
I tried to put everything in the title but basically I have a weird problem. I recently bought a new PC:

i7 8700k
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 8Gb Vram
16GB Corsair ddr4 2666mhz RAM
250gb Samsung SSD
WD 2TB HDD

Thats the relevant stuff. The problem is that I also have a Samsung 40" SMART 4k TV from 2017 on which I always used to play Fifa 18 on until new PC.

My old PC which was running on Windows 7: i5 4690k Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 and 16GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM

It was running FIFA 18 on my samsung 4k TV perfectly fine. Zero lags and zero input lag.

With the new PC came windows 10 and here is where the problem starts. When launching the game the language selection and "press A on controller" run smooth with no lags. As soon as the main menu appears I feel like I'm playing at 10 fps with 0.5s delay from my xbox controller.

Ive tried lots of configurations such as playing in 1080p changing the TV resolution to 1080p etc. Setting the display to be set up by GPU rather than the TV in the Nvidia control panel.

When I launch the game on my monitor Samsung 24" 1080p monitor it runs prefectly fine.

The TV is connected the same way like it was on my old PC via HDMI. Main monitor is connected via DVI-D port. The problem can't be on the TVs side as the game was running perfectly fine on Windows 7 with lower spec PC.

I am completely lost with this and frustrated. Any ideas please let my know. My gpu drivers are up to date together with other software. Also running the game in windows 7 and as admin compatibility didnt change anything.

Solution
certainly a strange problem, maybe worth running FRAPS and checking your fps during gameplay, origin may have a fps counter not sure. i expect someone else will be able to help you more, just thought it may help to single out the problem.

jimboraver77

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
certainly a strange problem, maybe worth running FRAPS and checking your fps during gameplay, origin may have a fps counter not sure. i expect someone else will be able to help you more, just thought it may help to single out the problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS