Best Overclocking GPU for gaming?

Feb 20, 2018
Hey, I'm thinking to buy a GeForce GTX 1080 TI for my custom gaming pc which I will use for gaming. I'm stuck between the MSI GAMING X 1080 TI and the ASUS SLIX 1080 TI. I'm thinking to overclock them and I don't want the heat going up as well as the sound. So what are your opinions? Which one should I buy?

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
I personally would prefer the Strix of those, since the MSI has no customization of color whatsoever, performance-wise, the Gaming X has always been one of the fastest and quietest cards for any given chip.

Having said that my first choice in a 1080 Ti is the Zotac AMP! Extreme. It comes overclocked higher than either of those cards (the highest factory OC of any 1080 Ti if I remember right), and a massive heatsink and a PCB that can handle the OC (but from all reports it's pretty much already OC'd to the max. Looks phenomenal with the RGB lighting if that's your thing. It does suck up quite a bit more juice than anything else though.

For me, I would only ever go with three cards, Zotac AMP! Extreme, Asus ROG Strix OC, or MSI Lightning.

However, for whatever you're doing, I'm sure any 1080 Ti is plenty. There are VERY few games I can't hit 100Hz at 3440x1440p Ultra with my 1080 Ti.

Working on getting a 4k monitor as well, i'm sure I'll be able to hit 60FPS in everything. Unless you're trying to play at 240Hz I think pretty much any of them will do it, just a matter of finding one for the right price.