Usb mouse and keyboard not working

Feb 20, 2018
Hello.

My usb keyboard and mouse no longer work when windows is booted after a restart yesterday. I have tried everything I can think of to be able to get in and update the drivers, but I’ve had no luck whatsoever. I have tried safe mode, checking BIOS, resetting CMOS, power cycling, disabling driver signatures, system restore, even using a ps/2 adapter to try to get something to work. Nothing so far. The keyboard and mouse both work on my laptop and have power during start where I can access my BIOS. However, when windows boots, they lose power and I cannot do anything in the computer. Can anyone help? I’m at my wits end and can not afford a repair shop at the moment.

Feb 20, 2018

I'm having this same problem. Just started today. Get to bios and use keyboard and mouse but as soon as win10 homescreen starts, I got nothing.

jqning

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
WTF I just started having this problem also. After a restart.

I have removed and resintalled all drivers. When windows starts up the drivers all reinstall on their own, but I still have yellow exclamation marks. This is not an answer, just sympathy.