4 Blue Screens in 4 days - First time happening ever

George_Florian

Honorable
Feb 14, 2017
Good afternoon !
Recently I've been getting several Blue Screens when playing PUBG, Assassin's Creed: Origins or Skype-ing.
Some of them were Blue Screens, some of them were acting like a blue screen (like tearing up the sound) and then restarting the PC.
One of the BS said: "Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL".
The other one said this: https://imgur.com/a/9nDWF

My MOBO is an ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING and I have the latest BIOS.
I've OC my i7 7700K CPU to 4.8 GHz and the RAM is using the XMP Profile to OC them to 3 MHz. These settings worked fine before the BIOS update.

Can you help me ? Thank you !

Solution
you would need to provide the windows memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory.
or run whocrashed.exe or bluescreenview.exe and show the bugcheck code and the first parameter (error code)
the driver that failed is a anti-hacking driver for games, you might want to make sure it is up to date and do a virus scan (Malwarebytes)
Note these drivers can bugcheck if they get errors from network drivers. (be sure to check for updated network drivers from your motherboard vendors website)
virus scanners can also cause problems with these anti cheat drivers
you would need to provide the windows memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory.
or run whocrashed.exe or bluescreenview.exe and show the bugcheck code and the first parameter (error code)
the driver that failed is a anti-hacking driver for games, you might want to make sure it is up to date and do a virus scan (Malwarebytes)
Note these drivers can bugcheck if they get errors from network drivers. (be sure to check for updated network drivers from your motherboard vendors website)
virus scanners can also cause problems with these anti cheat drivers

Solution

George_Florian

Honorable
Feb 14, 2017

I already have been using Malwarebytes.
c:\windows\minidump is empty and bluescreenview has no recorded crashes.

I have a lot of Network Adapters listed: https://ibb.co/jyOZ3H.
I have updated the Intel Ethernet Connection. Also I have updated the sound "card" which was a Realtek HD Codec.
My Windows 10 is updated.

What now ?

wait for the next bugcheck.
if the bugcheck error code (parmeter 1 = 0xc0000005) then I would also update the BIOS or reset it to defaults to get the best BIOS memory ram timings then run memtest86 to confirm the RAM timings are correct in bios.

Generally, no one will spend time debugging a overclocked system. make sure you get the problem without a overclock driver or overclock settings in bios.

bios updates often will tweak voltages and clock rates so your old settings might not work anymore. Best to reset it to defaults and retest the settings to verify the failure rate is acceptable to you.