G sync 120hz

ragesnake

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
does g sync lower the refresh rate of your monitor say I have a 120hz monitor will it or will i still see 120hz and it will never go over 120 frames? I just want to know if it will it stay 120hz without any downsides to the 120hz. I'm new I'm sorry just want to be sure

Solution
Within the range of Gsync your refresh rate (hz) changes with it in realtime. If you go over (121+fps) Gsync is disabled and you may experience tear.

If situation of tearing occurs above refresh rate you have a couple of options to try. Either cap the fps in-game to 120fps if game allows or enable Vsync. Vsync in theory wont take priority over Gsync so you shouldn't experience input lag but if it does it will be minimul. Capping fps via game would be your first shot.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking from the way this is worded, but G-Sync (like Freesync) matches the refresh rate to the frame rate. You can't see any more frames than your components can generate.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Within the range of Gsync your refresh rate (hz) changes with it in realtime. If you go over (121+fps) Gsync is disabled and you may experience tear.

If situation of tearing occurs above refresh rate you have a couple of options to try. Either cap the fps in-game to 120fps if game allows or enable Vsync. Vsync in theory wont take priority over Gsync so you shouldn't experience input lag but if it does it will be minimul. Capping fps via game would be your first shot.

Solution