Computer keeps going to sleep during use (gaming) (NOT POWER SETTINGS)

Chance Wellman

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
NOTE: My computer is a ASUS ROG G750JM Gaming laptop (860m, 4710HQ I7-Intel Processor, and 16gb ram Ive had this computer for about 3.5-4 years, and its used pretty often, But I take care of it very well. its in nice condition for a 4 year old laptop.

So, recently I have been playing games and my computer screen goes black, My Keyboard backlighting shuts off, and eventually my computer appears to have gone to sleep.

This is happening when Im playing games. I havnt had it happen when im just browsing, and am unsure if its related to gaming or not. (also, I dont think its overheating, But am not POSITIVE)

Now the weird thing is, When i turn my computer back on, It saves what i was doing, even to the point of my games will still be running, But my battery will say 0% (and like 20-30 min till full charge)

1.) The computer is plugged in. (with battery inserted, am currently trying to see if taking it out fixes the problum will update if it does)
2.) It should take my computer much longer than 20-30 min to charge fully
3.) We recently had a Wind storm that causes some power outages, and my house experienced some surges, But Im connected to a surge resistant adaptor AND this popped up a day after said storm
4.) after I wake my computer up (using the power button) i usually have to unplug and replug the battery to get it to start charging again.

So my question is, What is happening and can or how do i fix it?
Thank you for any feedback in advance!

~Galby/Chance

Please dont recommend i go into my power options, this has nothing to do with my power settings, they are all turned to NEVER.