i5 3470 OC questions

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
hello , i have an i5 3470 cpu on a h61m-ds2 mobo with F9 bios update

i have a few questions , how can i make my cpu run 3.6ghz on all 4 cores at once, it runs only 3.4ghz ? and is there any way possible to overclock it even a bit ? it won't let me change anything in bios on the cpu frequencies...

larkspur

Distinguished
Unfortunately you can't OC that CPU - it is locked at its stock frequencies. The base frequency of the CPU is 3.2ghz. It will turbo boost automagically up to 3.6ghz but will only hit 3.6ghz when only one core is active. That motherboard also does not have any OC capabilities so you are stuck with what you've got.

My suggestion is to do searches on each bios option. This way you'll learn what it does or is for. Then you can decide which setting is best for you. Intel tends to provide certain chipsets and certain CPUs for overclocking, and the rest are designed to be used at stock speeds. Your 3470/H61 combo should provide you with the appropriate level of i5 performance, no more, no less.

gamji

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Reach almost 4.0Ghz and stable whit core speed at x38. Used Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility and Mobo 103Mhz bus speed. No voltage change retail cooler..

lym1.jpg

u2rp.jpg

TRENDING THREADS