Merging Non Adjacent Partitions

Feb 21, 2018
I have a 256gb SSD installed in my brand new laptop I purchased. The SSD is partitioned as follows:

C: Windows
Healthy recovery
D:

I want to have C: and D: merged. This is not possible with disk management or EaseUS due to the drives not being adjacent. I am ready to format my harddrive if necessary, but I do not know how. I used MSI burn recovery to create a bootable USB, when I tried booting from the USB it just allowed me to factory reset my laptop and reinstall windows. Never gave me an option for deleting disk partitions. How might I be able to accomplish combining C: and D: . I attempted deleting the middle partition along with D but it was unable to delete the middle partition. This tells me that the only way I can do this is if i can completely reformat and delete every partition on the harddrive and reinstall windows on the newly formatted drive. Please advise on how I should proceed. Thanks a lot!

mkvh9s.png

Solution
If you have no data on D: then why not just delete it alongside the 900MB recovery partition using EaseUS. You can then merge the no unallocated partition to C: Mind you, this is Windows 10 we're looking at here so I'd suggest leaving anything to do with the installed partition alone since Windows 10 tends to go belly up with minor mistakes.

Lutfij

Titan
If you have no data on D: then why not just delete it alongside the 900MB recovery partition using EaseUS. You can then merge the no unallocated partition to C: Mind you, this is Windows 10 we're looking at here so I'd suggest leaving anything to do with the installed partition alone since Windows 10 tends to go belly up with minor mistakes.

Solution