Latest Windows 10 update for February the 20th.

Solidgear3000

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
So I want to start off by saying that I know a little about this topic but what I would like is a clear answer for one question. First off I have had updates disables on windows for over a year and have never gotten an update since. Still using the 1607 build and I am having no issues whatsoever on my PC. However I am forced to update now, I have tried EVERYTHING to try and stop it but it just turns on by itself. So I know/read that you can't really stop the updates once your build becomes around 18months old windows WILL update you wether you like it or not. Is that true?

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
I’m pretty sure if you search for services on the search bar in the task bar, and disable windows update (or stop it, don’t know exact words), it should stop bugging you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Microsoft releases a new version of win 10 every 6 months, and they only officially support the last two versions. That is why its doing this to you now, as the only versions they support are 1703 & 1709.

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
I don’t think it will forcefully update itself...it will just keep bugging you...between the notifications and the ability to either update and shutdown or just shutdown...it shouldn’t be that way...could be wrong though. Not a win 10 expert..

Solidgear3000

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
It forcefully updated,I had no option to choose when or where to download the update. I would turn the update in services and even in gpedit and all that and several minutes it would pop up again and even install windows 10 update manager or something like that even if I uninstall it. So yeah I would say it was forceful,as for the reason it is because I have a limited plan and I don't live somewhere with super fast internet so I would rather get it from someone who has downloaded the cumulative updates every year or so and do a fresh install myself.

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
I got something like that today. I turned off the service and ended the windows 10 update assistant task via task manager and it seemed to have been prevented...but I updated anyways afterwards