Asus Prime Z270-K won't boot with added memory

Feb 21, 2018
I am having boot and crash issues with my home build.

Since finishing my build several months ago I have been experiencing random crashes. With messages ranging from Driver, Kernal and Memory Errors. When I am doing no more than streaming hulu and using the internet. I have tried updating every driver manually and installed the Patch for the i5 issues. And still experiencing crashes I decided to try upgrading my memory.

I originally had a
Gigabyte Z270-hd3 mobo
2x 4 GB of Ballistix sport RAM
Intel i5 7500 CPU
Windows 10
MSI Geforce GT 710

When I tried to upgrade using 2x 8GB of Ballistix sports RAM (both by themselves or together with 2x4gb) I couldn’t get it to boot. I did some research and found there are some issues with the Gigabyte Z270 mobo and memory. So decided to see if a different mobo would work better.
I purchased a ASUS Prime Z270-k mobo

After installing and connecting all components, I couldn’t get it to boot until I had only one 4GB stick installed. After that I can get to the bios and get a full boot. I added the other 4GB stick and could get to the same. But when I insert only one 8GB stick on the mobo (no 4gbs), I can only get to Bios when I save and exit the bios either with XMP or default on. It will not boot. And if I have two 8GB stick I can’t even get to the bios

How can I get my system to recognize and boot with at least the 2x 8gb sticks? Or with all 4 sticks of RAM?

Feb 21, 2018

well that is exactly what was wrong, was able to exchange my CPU and When i dropped the new one in it booted right up with all the RAM inserted.

TRENDING THREADS