Can a PSU facing up affect Graphics Card Temperature?

Satyajit Mishra

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
- Consider a Corsair Case i.e. the Carbide 400Q which has the Direct Airflow Path design.
- Suppose you have 2 x 140mm & 1 x 120mm Fans as Front Intakes & Rear Exhuast respectively.
- Along with a Tower Style CPU Cooler i.e. the Cooler Master Hyper 212X, an Internal Exhaust / Open Airflow Graphics Card i.e. the Gigabyte GTX 1070 WINDFORCE 8G & a PSU i.e. Corsair RM550x which has the Zero RPM Fan Mode.
- With decent cable management.

~ If the PSU is facing up i.e. the fan intake side is inside the case & the PSU fan is not spinning because the PSU is not under load.

So these are my questions;
1. Will the heat rising from the PSU be pulled in by the Graphic Card's fans?
2. Or will the postive air pressure inside the case be able to push the air out through the PSU before it gets pulled in by the Graphics Card?
3. Will this affect the Grahics Card's temperature in any way as compared to the PSU facing down or the PSU's fan spinning at 50% RPM.

samyakjain222

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

FIRST OF ALL , IF YOUR PSU IS NOT UNDER ANY LOAD, THAT IS BECAUSE IT IS SUPPLYING MINIMAL AMOUNT OF ENERGY , THAT MEANS YOUR PC IS ALSO NOT UNDER MUCH LOAD, AND AND THAT MEANS HEAT GENERATED IS VERY LESS.
In short graphics card is under less load and does not generate much heat. SO DONT WORRY AND JUST CHILL AND GAME.

Satyajit Mishra

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
Thanks samyakjain222 for the quick & casual reply. Of course I'm not worried about it. It is just for knowledge purpose. So you are saying in idle conidtion the PSU won't affect Graphics Card temperature... But what about at 50% or 100% Load? Suppose I'm runnig simultaneously synthentic becnhmarks on all the hardwares & all the fans are fixed at 100% RPM. What will happen in this situation?

samyakjain222

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

Satyajit mys name is samyak jain which is written above it.
For your querry , when there is need, the PSU fan will automatically start to rotate. Also if it does not rotate, then dont worry PSU's dont generate that much heat that will cause the GPU to be in trouble. Dont worry.
I think we both are from INDIA.
Also if you liked my answer please select it as the best answer.

Satyajit Mishra

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
Hello Samyak. I know why my PSU fan doesn't spin up; I mentioned the Zero RPM Fan Mode line in my question description. I understand that the PSU doesn't generate that much heat. But when you consider all the factor that affect the ambient temperature inside a case, you do have to consider the heat radiated from the components. One prime example is the VRM. It is one of the most neglected component which does heat up a lot, but doesn't get much attention.
Sorry I can't select any best answer because this is a discussion thread.

Satyajit Mishra

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
Computers are not that smart. To defeat computer you don't need fancy viruses, just burry it in sand, see how it manages to cool its cpu down. No I'm pretty sure that I have created a discussion thread.