Windows 10 On Arm Isn't The Same As Upgradeable Windows 10 S

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipemaciel

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
If my experience with Microsoft in Phones (WP8, WP8.1 and 10 Mobile) is anything to go by, you'd better stay away from Microsoft on ARM.

Over promised - did not employ enough resources to make these OSes serious contenders, or just to fulfill said promises - and dropped unceremoniously.

UWP, you say. And I say that not even Uber works acceptably on Windows Mobile anymore.

I have been burned too many times. MS on ARM? Not for me and will be surely telling other people to avoid it.

hannibal

Distinguished
It depend on what you want.
I you would like to get Chrome os type experience with a tip of Windows aps, then this is just fine!
If you would like to get full Windows experience, use real x86 prosessor. Emulator is always something less than original.

alextheblue

Distinguished

For the average Joe, Store apps plus most x86 software is probably good enough. The fact that it runs x86 Win32 software as well as it does is pretty amazing, given the demos I've seen. Also since this is done in software, they can continue to iterate on the technology as time goes on. Intel doesn't really offer anything that competes with Snapdragon 835 on power and price so WoA is a necessary compromise.

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Love the idea of AMR on Widows. If they however plan to sell $35 ARM chips with NOT 100% Windows app compatibility at around $900-1000 for the laptop they might as well go f.themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS