Main monitor keeps on going black

UsaidYousaf

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
So ive got two monitors connected to a gtx 970.
One is an asus vg248qe connected via DP
One is some crappy acer one connected via HDMI

My Asus one keeps on cutting out and going black every now and then and its annoying. When the asus one goes black the Acer one stays on...
Its not the power cutting out as the light stays on, shaking and moving the DP ports does not cause it to lose connection either.
What is the problem how how can i fix it? I can provide more information if needed.

Solution

IF that is the problem, you would have to have a knowledge of electronics and be able to isolate the tripping device. Then replace it. Or find out why it is tripping. Might be defective, might be warning you that something is overloading, might be signaling a failing component.
The other option is to take it to an electronics repair shop.
The third option would be to replace the monitor if it isn't worth...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like one of my monitors. Probably the monitor is tripping the internal overload and resetting. Mine started doing that awhile back. Now I can actually hear the 'click' as the overload opens and closes. The monitor stays off longer every time it does it. Now it's up to about 5 seconds.

UsaidYousaf

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

How would i fix it?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

IF that is the problem, you would have to have a knowledge of electronics and be able to isolate the tripping device. Then replace it. Or find out why it is tripping. Might be defective, might be warning you that something is overloading, might be signaling a failing component.
The other option is to take it to an electronics repair shop.
The third option would be to replace the monitor if it isn't worth the hassle.
In my case, I just live with it, because after the firat 30 minutes of tripping/resetting, it usually is fine for the rest of the session. Plus it's an extra monitor for an extra machine.

Solution