Way to big CPU usage

stefan668

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
Hello. I have recently built a new pc and for a week it went amazing, everything loaded in a second. No problems.
At that moment I didn t have any gpu inserted, so I tried an used gpu that I got later from a friend.(He used it for 3 months for mining Ethereum)
model: R9 280x from Gigabyte.
The thing is that I played a bit with the gpu and I saw it had some problems, usage spikes and all that, so I used malwarebytes to resolve all that, but it even made it worse.
So I got it out, and tried the iGPU.(hd610)

When I first built it, I was playing TF2 at max with 2x antialasing with 110fps, but now it's 75-80 and drops suddenly to 50-45, with the iGPU.
And the scrolling in pages is so laggy now.
And the CPU has usage spikes too.
I really don t know if it s a software problem(I mention that I have installed windows 10 several times on an ssd due to errors with svchost.exe and others.
I really hope it s software related and not hardware, because it is brand new.
Current specs: Cpu: pentium g4560
ram:2x4gb 2400mhz corsair lpx
ssd 120gb
hdd 1tb 7200
intel hd 610

Solution

You are recording when playing?
Of course it can't handle that. It's barely capable of playing the games. Recording is just too high of a load on that laptop.

Where did you get the windows install from?

Whats your psu?

Did you install all the drivers?

stefan668

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
I got it from the original microsoft website. And if you are talking about the mobo drivers, I installed the ethernet one, the vga one and realtek sound one.
I got a super flower 750w +80 psu.

djluther993

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
iGPU instead of discrete GPU?
No doubt of getting worser FPS when using iGPU instead of discrete graphics.
Also i have the same CPU and sometimes but not often, scrolling in pages it makes some lag, but it doesn't bother me.
Have u checked the temps of the GPU and CPU while load and wich cooler are u using for the CPU?
Also check what program or whats causing it to have stutter when u are gaming.
Use MSI Afterburner for realtime monitoring of ur CPU and GPU temps

stefan668

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
I checked online and a dude with the same specs was getting 115 fps in tf2 while i had 60-65. And while I record the cpu usage goes to 100% and doesn t go below until I stop recording. So that is pretty odd. I am just wondering if it is the cpu..might be bad quality or idk. Please I am running out of options. I tried the registry settings for reducing the cpu usage. I am not even playing on 1080p(currently using a 1366x768 monitor and having pretty bad frames for that resolution. Please help me..!

You are recording when playing?
Of course it can't handle that. It's barely capable of playing the games. Recording is just too high of a load on that laptop.

Solution