I think I received my GPU DOA, but I want to make sure before I fill out an RMA

Feb 24, 2018
I purchased a GTX Geforce 1050 2gb for my budget build about a month ago, however, I did not receive all the necessary parts to build the PC until recently. When I turn on the PC, the EZ Debug LED for VGA lights up, and the fan on the graphics card starts to spin. Then, the fan stops after a few seconds and the VGA LED shuts off. I get no picture when the HDMI port is plugged into the card, but I do get a picture if I plug it into the motherboard and use integrated graphics. I have tried disabling integrated graphics, updating BIOS, updating drivers, reseating the graphics card, and more. This leads me to believe that I have received it DOA, but I want to make sure. I have experienced no other problems with the computer. PS. I also made sure the card was compatible.

Are there any diagnostic displays, beep codes or error LEDs indicating an error message? Are the additional power cables installed on the GPU?

From what you said there are two possibilities . Either the graphics card isn't getting sufficient power or the GPU is DOA. If you are approaching the end of the return period, return the graphics card.

You might also want to make sure the card is in the first PCIe Slot, designated by the motherboard, and that it is well seated. Sometimes when you screw it in place, it pulls the card out on one side which may mean you need to reposition the motherboard slightly.

Feb 24, 2018

There are no beep codes or error LEDs, and the graphics card only uses the PCIe slot to power it. The recommended requirements for the card calls for a 300-watt power supply, which I have a 400-watt supply.

TRENDING THREADS