I just ordered a laptop; how capable is it at gaming and handling video processing in Adobe Premiere?

Feb 24, 2018
Hey everyone. I just ordered a Dell Laptop and although the specifications look capable on paper, I was wondering just how well it would be at handling processor and gpu intensive tasks, since I am very much into PC gaming and digital art creation. It's a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming laptop. I chose this one instead of the next step up (Dell's Alienware 15 7000), because it seemed like overkill for what I need a new laptop for. The specifications are as follows:

• 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor (max speed of 3.5 gHz)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4gb dedicated RAM)
    12gb DDR4 2400 RAM (comes with 8gb, but I ordered another 4gb stick)
    225gb Toshiba SSD (included) + 500gb Toshiba SSHD with 8gb Nand SSD
    (I will add the SSHD to the second empty internal drive slot)
    1080p IPS screen

I've purchased a "gaming laptop" once before that utilized AMD's APU/Integrated Graphics and CPU card and the specs looked impressive (and it got the job done), but it just didn't live up to the expectations the specifications set for me. It worked well for video and photo processing, but left something to be desired when it came to gaming. Is this laptop configuration good at handling playing games at 60fps on high settings? Also, if anyone could tell me how an IPS screen handles colour reproduction compared to TN screens, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the responses!

I think you would be better off with the Alienware. It has a GTX1060 GPU and a g-sync screen. This would be a better combination for gaming at high settings. For video editing, an i7 cpu would be better and 16 GB RAM.

TRENDING THREADS