Black Screen After Login with Cursor

tdanner689

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
So I have had this problem with my computer plenty of times. Every time I've tried to fix it, my only option is to do a system reset, but here's where the problem kicks in. Generally when I restart my computer after that and I login at a later time, I am welcomed with the black screen again. I am able to move my cursor, run ctrl+alt+delete and pull up task manager. Everything works, but my screen just plain black and there is no windows bar at the bottom as well. I am all out of ideas and that is why I am here. My only solution is to system reset, and I dont want to do that every time and re-download everything because this happens because it happens too frequently. NOTE: this happens black screen happens A LOT to my computer.

Solution
Have you tried starting PC with no usb or speakers or other external devices attached (monitors not included in this)? It could be the PC is waiting for a device to reply before it will show the desktop. I had a similar problem last year when a set of speakers were on the way out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you tried starting PC with no usb or speakers or other external devices attached (monitors not included in this)? It could be the PC is waiting for a device to reply before it will show the desktop. I had a similar problem last year when a set of speakers were on the way out.

Solution

tdanner689

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

I just restored my computer, when this happens again, I will try this and reply to you if it works or not.

tdanner689

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

It worked for me.