Is still possible to get a free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 in some way?

psaez84

Honorable
Jan 8, 2018
Hi

I know that until some months was possible using acessibility methods, but now, I'm not sure if it is possible in some way to achieve the free upgrade.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a free upgrade from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 nowadays?

Thank you

Solution
It worked! I simply formatted the computer, installed windows 10 from a usb and put the CDKEY of windows 7 ultimate (without internet). After the install was complete, I installed the drivers for get internet, and windows 10 was correctly activated as a Windows 10 Pro license.

Thank you :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have a backup? Its possible you can still run the update on the device as is, just download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to run the upgrade.

While MS officially stopped upgrading from 7 two years ago, I know it has still worked for other people who have tried it. This still works provided your license to 7 is real - https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

psaez84

Honorable
Jan 8, 2018
It worked! I simply formatted the computer, installed windows 10 from a usb and put the CDKEY of windows 7 ultimate (without internet). After the install was complete, I installed the drivers for get internet, and windows 10 was correctly activated as a Windows 10 Pro license.

Thank you :)

Solution