Conundrum on selling my PC without graphics card or with one?

Apr 27, 2015
So, I'll try and be as concise as possible.

- I have bought a new desktop PC as the old one is getting on a bit now
- On the old one I had upgraded / changed a couple of parts including the graphics card. I will be putting the GTX 970 graphics card into my new PC.
- As a result, my old computer will not have a graphics card (I stupidly gave the old one away a couple of years ago so have nothing to put in the GTX 970's place).

- The computer works fine and I can play modern games on it at decent settings. Do you think I should buy a second hand graphics card from Ebay and install it so I can sell it as a complete working system?

OR

Try and sell the parts individually and forget the hassle / risk of getting a cheap second hand graphics card?

The current specs are:

Intel i5 2500k 3.3.ghz processor
Asus P8Z68-V Pro Mobo
4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz Ram (was 8gb but one gave up the ghost)
1TB hard drive
650w psu Corsair TX Ultra Quiet
Thermaltake Frio cooler fan
Fractal Design Define R5 case (bought new last year and in v good condition)
No Graphics card at present

The graphics card I was thinking of getting from Ebay was a Radeon HD6950 2gb which is what the PC originally had. It worked well and seems to cost between £20 - £40 on ebay at the mo. Would that be worth it do you think?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The 2500k has integrated graphics, so it technically should be a working system, just not really a "gaming system". An HD 6950's performance lands somewhere between a GT 1030 and a GTX 1050, so it's kind of low-end these days, but still technically capable of gaming in recent titles at lower resolutions and settings. It would add some value to the system, though I can't say whether it would add enough value to pay for itself. Someone wanting the system for gaming might also want 8GB of RAM as well, but it's probably not a great idea to buy lots of hardware for a system that you're selling.