Weird Windows 10 crash

ChewbaccaBreath641

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
So I was playing Fortnite when it randomly froze and I couldn’t do anything forcing me to hit the reset button on my tower, when the Windows screen came up it said installing update 100% and then went black so I had to hit the restart button again which is when this happened, I just installed a new PSU if that means anything.[video="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_leO3pqKjx0&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Solution
That graphical issue is one of two things:

1. The cable connecting the display to the graphics card or motherboard is loose at one end. Check the connection at both the monitor and graphics card end. Make sure both ends are firmly secured. Move the cable a bit and see if that graphical strangeness goes away.

2. Graphics card is failing

I would reseat the graphics card (if applicable). I would also try booting into safe mode. If that is possible, use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove all graphics card drivers. After that, boot into normal Windows and reinstall the latest drivers.

jr9

Estimable
That graphical issue is one of two things:

1. The cable connecting the display to the graphics card or motherboard is loose at one end. Check the connection at both the monitor and graphics card end. Make sure both ends are firmly secured. Move the cable a bit and see if that graphical strangeness goes away.

2. Graphics card is failing

I would reseat the graphics card (if applicable). I would also try booting into safe mode. If that is possible, use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove all graphics card drivers. After that, boot into normal Windows and reinstall the latest drivers.

Solution

ChewbaccaBreath641

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013

After it booted up as shown in the video everything worked fine