ASUS NX500JK Hello Windows Not working

fractalMT

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
I have a client who has a Asus NX500jk that we recently did an update to Windows 10 64bit Pro from Windows 8.1. Prior to upgrade, it was able to do face-recognition log-in but now on Windows 10, this appears not possible. I can't find any drivers to support the webcam. My client is in and out of his pc and I cannot seem to find away around it. After uninstalling the driver, it doesn't seem to find it. I've searched online aggressively as this was an expected issue. I found that there are some of this line that are supported but not all. Asus is not responsive and Windows apparently cannot help. I would like to resolve this so I'm calling on all of you for assistance. I hope I didn't oversee something in these forums about this. I apologize if so.

Thanks

Solution
To use Windows Hello, you have to first set up Microsoft Passport (Windows account) with a PIN. If a local account is used then enroll your local Windows account with your Microsoft account.

Type 'Set up face sign-in' on the search space to get into 'Hello' settings.
If you device does support the feature it will say 'Windows Hello isn't available on this device'.
If you are getting any error messages?Please post the exact error message.

To use Windows Hello, you have to first set up Microsoft Passport (Windows account) with a PIN. If a local account is used then enroll your local Windows account with your Microsoft account.

Type 'Set up face sign-in' on the search space to get into 'Hello' settings.
If you device does support the feature it will say 'Windows Hello isn't available on this device'.
If you are getting any error messages?Please post the exact error message.

Solution