Corrupt Driver Help Needed.

Sean_91

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Hi,

Long story short, when booting into windows 10, none of my USB devices are working. This includes internal and external usb headers.

As a result, i cant log into windows to do anything. My keyboard and mouse works if i change my boot drive to a widows boot usb and in bios so i dont think this is mobo or devices.
I have managed to get to cmd via recovery mode and ran an sfc /scannow which has returned no faults.
I have removed the hard drive and placed it in a laptop where it boots and works fine. So the hard drive seems good and i have full acces to registry etc from here.

I dont really want to refresh windows completley.

Can anyone offer any other suggestions i can try to resolve the issue?

Solution
My neighbor just had this same issue yesterday. Absolutely nothing worked. A system restore got the mouse working right, but tried every trick in the book on the keyboard and failed. Originally, he just couldnt get his Vive working. Couldn't find a fix for it online. We ended up doing a reset after spending 2 hours on it. Works like a charm now. I've had it happen to my machine once as well about two years ago. One day I turned it on and it was shot.
My neighbor just had this same issue yesterday. Absolutely nothing worked. A system restore got the mouse working right, but tried every trick in the book on the keyboard and failed. Originally, he just couldnt get his Vive working. Couldn't find a fix for it online. We ended up doing a reset after spending 2 hours on it. Works like a charm now. I've had it happen to my machine once as well about two years ago. One day I turned it on and it was shot.

Solution

Sean_91

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Thanks, thats what i was fearing. To be fair, could have rebuilt windows completley in the time that i have been trying not to.
I had better get started!