Unable to install drivers Windows 10 on Newly Built Computer

Feb 28, 2018
Help I am unable to install drivers on my newly built pc. After going through the installation process of Windows 10 completely and getting to the home screen, as I am about to go on the internet to try to download drivers the screen flashes and the internet browser disappears and then I am no longer able to open any apps or files. I am only able to click the windows menu button and then I try to restart the computer but when I restart the computer booting from my SSD and not the flash drive, that I used to install windows, I just get a black screen. At first, I thought it may be the USB that I used to install, so I tried reinstall windows10 on the USB and then go through the installation process again but the same problem happens. I am really confused?? Could it be my gigabyte b250-hd3 motherboard, my Samsung SSD, or my installation method? How can I fix this

Solution
the MS Windows installer is garbage, get RUFUS and download the ISO , then use RUFUS to make your USB drive, I have not had a single problem with windows 10 install made this way.

edited: so the sentence makes more sense.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have latest bios for motherboard?

what are rest of specs of PC? what gpu do you have?

have you tried installing using the onboard gpu on motherboard? I would think only thing that causes a blank screen is going to be GPU drivers

Feb 28, 2018
I do not have a gpu in this computer build
specs: gigabyte b250-hd3 motherboard
16gb of vengeance ram
intel 15-7500 processor
WD 1TB HDD
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB SSD

how would the ram affect my windows apps?

BatteryManZA

Honorable
Mar 1, 2017
I don't recall your original message mentioning any issues around Windows Apps.

Regardless, as the apps load some startup\operating info into the RAM, should the RAM not be fully\100% in perfect condition the software would not have all the info to properly run the windows apps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i seem to be seeing a lot of installs getting black screens the last few days, starting to suspect its windows itself. There is a bug in the latest Fall Creators edition - it never helps when the installer itself is the problem.

boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

do you have any extra USB devices attached apart from Mouse/KB? remove if you do.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Doesn't the media creation tool just dl an ISO and burn it to USB, so what is the difference between using it to dl an ISO and then using rufus to burn it to USB? Only conceivable difference is potentially settings for formats and I would think MS should know those.

@op its worthwhile trying the rufus way but it shouldn't make a great difference as the ISO is still the same file.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Okay, in some cases the Rufus method is a better choice but for most installs the media creation tool works. Early on the Creation tool couldn't make USB at all but the process has been improved or I would see more people with problems with the installer, and I wouldn't recommend it to people to use to make installer.

USAFRet

Titan

And I've not had a single Win 10 install fail when using the MediaCreation tool to create a USB or DVD.
I've used both the MCT or Rufus....zero difference.