Deleted efi partition accidentaly ...windows won't boot

Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm in a very big prediciment at the moment. I foolishly deleted my efi partition on accident!! I have 2 drives 1 SSD and 1 hdd.. the SSD has windows 10 on it, the hdd was overflow..I wiped the harddrive for a hackintosh build but I then realized that my hdd was my efi boot drive!!! Ive tried creatitng a bootable USB with 3 different drives. None of them work, but still trying..when booting it gives me the boot installation initialization failed (after splash screen no windows boot though) I'm so clueless on the next thing to do, please help thank you :)

Solution
Sorry about commands, they only way to fix win 10 without a clean install. Fresh installing windows is probably the fastest way

on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything boot drive you want to save??
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
I typed notepad in which obviously opened the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer
copy anything off onto USB or another hdd

install steps:
boot from installer
follow this guide...

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard do you have? It sounds like the PC is ignoring USB and trying to boot windows still.

remove power from hdd so only win 10 drive is connected - stop win 10 just putting EFI back on there again.

Once it actually boots from the USB,
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

follow these steps: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-rebuild-the-bcd-in-windows-2624508

here is another way: https://www.rootandadmin.com/index.php/2016/04/06/comment-reparer-lefi-bootloader-dans-windows-10/?lang=en

Feb 28, 2018

Thanks for the response....I've followed the steps on both guides but I'm getting command prompt errors maybe I'm doing it wrong? I'm on a ga ab350 motherblard, can I just reinstall windows?

Feb 28, 2018

And honestly bro, this stuff is soooo complicated haha. I'm getting a error when entering the the very last command on the second guide. :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry about commands, they only way to fix win 10 without a clean install. Fresh installing windows is probably the fastest way

on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything boot drive you want to save??
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
I typed notepad in which obviously opened the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer
copy anything off onto USB or another hdd

install steps:
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution