¨Pc 4200/4800 O*c benchmark

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
<A HREF="http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=ngrdram&page=1" target="_new">click</A> I'm not really impressed, the performance improvement is minimal and could just as easily be accounted for by the differences in motherboard, for the RIMM4200. As for the RIMM4800, the CPU was overclocked as well!
It still looks like when DDR reaches the same bandwidth (easily achievable through dual channel DDR), it will pass even RIMM4800 performance, simply by using two PC2400 modules.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

LED

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
I wouldnt say minimal. PCMark scores are lopsided....I dont think that big of a difference in scores can be credited to the motherboard. Although its not real "impressive", its definitely not minimal.

I sold my sig for $50.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
it not about benchmark but simple upgrade that dont raise production cost simply by moving termination on the PCB.
This 32 bit module will be use in 64 rdram.

If intel can release a real chipset under 32 bit ram for xeon and itanium.I think this can be use also for 4 channel with a 266 fsb quad pump for after future P4 or P5 (after presscott)

cheap, cheap. Think cheap, and you'll always be cheap.AMD version of semi conducteur industrie

eden

Champion
Just so you know, right now after 3.2GB, any future RDRAM used on P4 is purely for the latency purposes, like DDR, it ain't about bandwidth.

This is why I find Raystonn's 78.2GB/sec in 4 years theory a bit odd. Although true from his sayings, that is IF Rambus stays alive, who knows if the next architecture by Intel really will go for 78.2GB/sec, just after the 3.2GB of the P4?

--
Meow

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, that would be 4.2GB. You see, 4.2GB/s is the same bandwidth as the QDR533 CPU bus offers. It's not like using PC2700 on AMD's DDR266 bus. 4.2GB/s is the PROPER transfer rate for the "533" bus. It's the same rate as offered by PC1066. With only 3.2GB/s on the "533" bus, your memory become the bottleneck as it only has 3/4 the bandwidth of the CPU bus.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
there also a bench of Granite bay on harpCOP (something like 4.8 GB/S on sisoft but i wait to see the real bench at toms and Aceshardwares to see how it scale under DC

Now what to do??