[Solved - All Solutions] Installing Windows Error - CD/DVD Driver Missing (Tried everything)

Mar 1, 2018
I have an issue installing Windows (CD/DVD Driver Error).

I've tried every solution I can find and nothing works so far! I first went to install Windows 7 on a new pc I built (please ask for specs). Basic enough, but I get this CD/DVD Driver Error. After researching it, a lot, and seeing that it is, and has been a common problem for a long time, I figured the fix would be pretty straightforward. Here are the "fixes" I found that haven't worked so far:

1. My DVD drive wasn't even turning on to open, so I thought it was dead and burned the iso file onto a bootable flash drive using ImgBurn and Rufus, correctly. Same error.

4. Saw that you can try switching usb ports when installing, tried them all with restarts in between (all usb 2.0, front panel and motherboard). None worked. Same error

5. SATA controllers in BIOS are enabled. It said to set SATA mode to IDE, and the SATA mode in my BIOS only has one mode, AHCI.

6. I thought I had a bad iso burn, so I tried again. Same error

7. I tried to kill a few birds with one stone, since I thought either the disk wasn't a good source (even though I've installed from it before), or the usb drive was bad, or I've seen people say that Windows 7 straight up doesn't work anymore. So, I made another bootable flashdrive for Windows 10 using the Windows drive creation tool. It worked, began to install, and the same error. I don't have a win10 product key, I just wanted to see if it would install.

8. There was another thing with current sata drivers not being installed, so I got the most current ones of the manufactures website and put them on the drive I boot with, then I scan for drivers and nothing comes up, even when I uncheck the option for incompatible drivers. That worked for most people, but it wouldn't find my drivers and when I went to browse them myself, the files on the drive were all mixed up and the drivers weren't there.

9. I then tried to put the drivers on a separate flashdrive and put both in. When I went to browse, the flashdrive didn't even show up.

I may have missed a few other things I tried, but I feel like the Sata drivers is the issue, just don't know how to install them if I can't access them via a flash drive or cd...

Mar 1, 2018
Figured it out. I mixed up the modular psu cables and killed my drives. Did the same on another system, too. Didn't know until now, but I'm very mad! That's like $300 worth of SSD's and hard drives down the drain. DON'T MIX YOUR PSU CABLES!!!!!! Keep them all together!!!!!!

I think I covered any problem that could have caused this. Hopefully I help some people!