PSU Blew - my computer stinks, but is okay.. I think?

Mar 1, 2018
Going against convention and putting the TLDR version here: My Nex750B PSU blew (7 months old), I put my old PSU (TX650) and it works fine. The only parts I've not tested are my graphics card and sfx card. My concern is, despite the PC working fine, is that this blowout has damaged my parts in some way or another. Is this possible or are they all hunky dory?

My computer had been acting a little strange for a few weeks on and off. Whenever I turned it on, I got a big thud, almost like you get from a subwoofer when an amp is turned on. I always assumed this was to do with my speakers but on reflection I think it may been my PSU, somehow. Anyway I got a BSOD, then after this my computer was hanging at the login page for 2 hours +. Apparently this was due to Cortana so I removed her from the registry and it worked fine. In order to do this though, I had to turn my computer on and off about 30 times to try get the pigging recovery screen up, I'm wondering if this could have affected my PSU?

Anyway, the other day, I turned it on and left the room. I came back 30 seconds later to a god awful smell, like damn it stunk, and a load of crackling, I immediately ran for the plug at the wall but the computer turned itself off. Luckily, I still had an old PSU lying about, I plugged it all in and et viola my pc is fine. My CPU passed stress tests, the rig just stinks now. My concern is that this blowout has damaged my parts somehow, I've not tested my 1070 or SFX card yet, they're still out of the box. I'll be getting a new PSU at the weekend, despite the warranty for the EVGA I just don't trust it.

Thanks guys & gals(?)