Was I Hacked?

ginningfool97

Honorable
Dec 10, 2015
So i was playing CS:GO and everything was alright but then all this sudden it takes me to my desktop. But it was still running on my taskbar and i clicked on it to re-open it and i got really bad fps, and I was lagging a ton,not usual. Games finishes my PC was really slow so i restart it and then it asks me to sign it which never happens since it auto signs me in. then i go to play csgo and it was uninstalled which i didnt do. I ran a quick-scan and it found nothing. what happened?

Solution
I have heard that before, when CS:GO uninstalls itself seems to be a problem with the game - check your event viewer (on win10 right-click the start icon and select "event viewer") and see if there are any warnings or errors in the windows logs / application logs or the system logs when it happened. There may be lot of errors there that are kind of normal so don't be alarmed if you see any and just focus on the times when it crashed. If there is nothing that says there are HW errors (like disk timeout events) should be ok to just re-download the game.

Also possible there was a windows update that was going on at the time (the 1709 update is forced now in win10) so it's possible the update caused your auto-login to stop working.
I have heard that before, when CS:GO uninstalls itself seems to be a problem with the game - check your event viewer (on win10 right-click the start icon and select "event viewer") and see if there are any warnings or errors in the windows logs / application logs or the system logs when it happened. There may be lot of errors there that are kind of normal so don't be alarmed if you see any and just focus on the times when it crashed. If there is nothing that says there are HW errors (like disk timeout events) should be ok to just re-download the game.

Also possible there was a windows update that was going on at the time (the 1709 update is forced now in win10) so it's possible the update caused your auto-login to stop working.

Solution