Windows 10 Freezes After Internet Stops Working...???

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
Hi all, I am using an ASROCK motherboard that supports both AM2 and AM3+ processors. I have Windows 10 Pro installed, and guess what happens?. I get a hazard sign on the LAN network icon at the bottom right part of the screen, saying the internet has stopped working, (but the internet still works on my phone).

Then I restart, it's still not working, but my phone's internet still works when connected to the same network (it has no data on it).

Most of the time when the internet stops working, I have to force shut down the computer, because Windows 10 freezes, then restart the modem, and then boot up my computer again and the internet starts working again.

Sometimes I just get random freezing, which may be because of the heater sitting next to me (which doesn't blow hot air directly at the computer).

Could my computer be freezing because of the hot air?. Is my internet connection shity?. man this sucks. I found another thread like this one here but, cant find a solution yet. Maybe i just need a new computer.

Colif

Win 11 Master
which model Asrock motherboard? Have you checked Asrtock web site and made sure you have the latest win 10 LAN drivers.

Its likely the driver you are using needs an update, I could guess its got a Realtek LAN driver but I would prefer to be right before showing a link.

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
Sorry for the late reply, its a asrock n68c-gs4 fx. I can't find anyone else having similar problems on this forum or on google. I have another motherboard thats out of warranty but still works so im gonna try installing that and see if the problem still occurs. When the internet stops working on this computer using this motherboard, and windows 10 freezes, the internet still works on my phone.

It's definitely a problem with Windows 10, though in this case i dont see a way of fixing this without just simply replacing the board itself. I've never heard of this problem before either. I do have an Intel Pro wireless/bluetooth card installed so maybe ill remove that first and try to see if the problem still happens or not for a few days.

Will update this thread when it stops happening.

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
This is an answer, or a solution, and i dont want this thread marked as "solved", for now. But after moving to a new place, I had to downgrade my internet to a slower package, which is irrelevant, but, just having Windows 10 running today, the internet suddenly stopped working.

So i restarted and went into Ubuntu, and the internet was working. I tried it on my phone, the internet was working. I then booted back into Windows 10, and the internet started working again.

The only difference this time was Windows 10 did not freeze when the internet stopped working. But this basically isolates the problem, and narrows it down to just a possible driver problem in Windows 10.

Aside from that, i just havent had time to try other drivers, but will try windows update soon. Thank you all for the support.